Translate

02 November 2010

The greatest night EVER!

 I looked outside just to see if I could take a photo or two of the night sky, but NOTHING!   WAIT!!!!

This was at 10 O'clock PM, lots of clouds and only Jupiter peeps out with a fuzzy light.
Around 2 O'clock in the morning, I look again and the sky is as clear as it could be, I saw everything, I mean everything!
So, afraid that the clouds will return, I hustle down with my mount, take the scope and install it, take the power cord and install it, take out the table and the chair for my accessories and the chair for better observation ;)
After 20 minutes of fussing and looking very professional, the scope was good to go!
After Polar alignement of course... 
Now to see if it works.
Indeed it works and the mount motor is silent as a the nature that surrounds me.

It is fantastic!!!
Now if I could grasp the DSLR camera and the focusing, it would give me better results and nice Astrophotos to show you

PS: This is a star trail of the constellation Orion. In the middle of the picture you can see M42 (Orion nebula) trailing away. The 3 stars with a distance between them is the belt of Orion the hunter.
Astrophoto: Camera Mount / Pentax f/8 35mm 901s ISO1600 /

Next time!

Tapani Isomäki
Kustavi, Finland

No comments:

Post a Comment